Now, don’t let the title fool you! These biscuits can be enjoyed by anyone, but I call them toddler biscuits because they are the perfect size for those pint-sized hands. The best part about this recipe is you can really add anything to it. I personally added some diced ham, peas, shredded zucchini and mexican blend cheese (had it leftover from tacos). These can really be part of any meal, or a snack too! I made these while both little ones napped, very easy recipe!
Savory Toddler Biscuits (makes 18 minis)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk (cows milk/breastmilk/formula)
- 1 cup veggies/meat (I used grated zucchini, ham and peas, but you could use grated carrots, chopped red pepper, chopped broccoli, chopped spinach etc. You could also use chicken for some extra protein)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Give it a quick stir to make sure the baking powder is evenly distributed. Stir through veggies/meat and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk oil, milk and egg. Make a well in the center of the dry mix and pour in the liquid. Mix until just combined, giving you a thick batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tray and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 mins, until the muffins are nice and golden on top. Remove tray from oven, and cool muffins in tray for 5 mins, then turn out onto a rack to cool.